The One Where It All Began

One of my favourite spots in Sheffield. No filter necessary.

Hello and welcome to The Sheffield Native. A brand new post for a brand new blog.

Writing the first blog post is a little bit like the first day of starting a new job. It's daunting, it's scary but hopefully by the end we'll all have made it out alive and consider coming back again. Or something to that effect.

The aim of this blog is simple - to shout about all things Sheffield. From the yummiest street food to the coziest pubs, from true vintage treasure troves to the best dog-walking jaunts, from local music to local businesses, hopefully you will find something to inspire you here. Consider this an insider's guide if you will.

Now, of course I don't know everything there is to know about Sheffield but that's all part of the fun! Finding new places and sharing them with you lovely lot. And for those of you who already know Sheffield pretty well, I'll be writing posts on other things too. Recipes, playlists, reviews, interviews...

There are thousands upon thousands of blogs just like this. So, why am I even bothering you may ask? Well...I love writing and after years of studying how to write for magazines and newspapers and all that jazz, I kind of just want to write for me. To write because I enjoy writing and because I have something to say - not just because there's a deadline looming and it looks good on my cv. Heavy, I know. 

So in short, this blog is simply a place for me to write to my hearts content and hopefully some of you will join me on this blogging journey. I know that this won't be everyone's cup of tea but fingers crossed, eh?

Speak soon,
TSN x

No comments